Are You Prepared for Everything in Life?Written on May 13, 2015
You never know what life may bring. The best way to have peace of mind is to be prepared ahead of time. By taking the right steps NOW you can legally protect your family, your business, and your assets, and make sure that your plans are carried out as intended. Assuring that you have a will, trust, or other important documents in place will help protect you and your family in future years.
Working with an attorney provides you with the comfort of knowing that you are making informed decisions about your and your family’s future. At The Silverbach Group, we can offer professional legal advice and strategies regarding the necessity and use of the following documents:
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advanced Healthcare Directives
Did you know…when someone passes without a will in place, their estate will be administered through probate court? In probate court, the state decides the fate of the deceased’s estate.
FACT: If there are no advance health care directives, wills, or other legal documents in place, and you become terminally ill or incapacitated, it will be too late to make sure that your and your family are taken care of like you wanted.
The 3 Main Stages of Estate Planning Are:
- Making a Last Will and Testament: This will ensure that your estate is distributed according to YOUR wishes. It allows for your intentions to be perfectly clear. It is witnessed by two independent parties and a notary. It reduces the chances of painful litigation.
- Durable Power of Attorney: This allows you to designate someone to act in your place should you become incapacitated or unable to make financial decisions.
- Advanced Health Care Directive: This gives your loved ones the ability to take care of things while you are still here. You can pre-designate agents to oversee you and your health if you are unable to do so. It also provides treatment instructions for the terminally ill.
By taking the time to prepare for your future, you can ensure that your wishes are carried out just as you intend.
We want to help you move forward in your life. Call us for help in making plans for your family’s future and yours!