Small Law Firm Vs. Large Law Firm: Which is Best for You in a Personal Injury Suit?
Having a law firm that stands behind you when you need them, and dedicates the time and resources that your case needs, is what will make all the difference between winning and losing!
When you chose a personal injury attorney to represent you, you want to know how experienced they are. You also want to know how much attention they will give to their clients, and how they intend to represent you. You will have a lot of questions before you choose a lawyer, so here are a few questions you should ask before you decide on a lawyer for your personal injury case.
- How often will the law firm communicate with you? Will the attorney who represents you be calling you themselves, or will their assistant be making all the calls? Communication is KEY in a personal injury case. Your attorney at a larger law firm may be overwhelmed and never talk to you except at the beginning of the case. You deserve more than one call! Choosing a smaller firm can ensure that you get more communication and more time devoted to your injuries and your ability to recover from them.
- Does the size of the law firm matter to an insurance company, or to the judge? Yes. But not for the reasons you may think. The insurance companies have their own lawyers, too. An insurance company deals with lawsuits every day. They actually think it’s easier to settle out of court with larger law firms, because they know they have larger case loads, and may settle early, and for less, just to close the case. By choosing a smaller firm, your case will get more personal attention. A smaller firm will often spend more time with you, ensuring that you achieve maximum medical improvement, and generally spend more time on your recovery, before talking to the insurance company about settling.
- Will you be “just a number” to the firm? Will you be treated as a customer that just “takes a number, and waits your turn”? This is definitely NOT how you want your relationship to be with your attorney. You want to be a priority, not the bottom file in a stack on someone’s desk. A large caseload, and lawyers that work 14 hour days, doesn’t necessarily mean they’re “dedicated”; they may simply be overworked! Don’t be a number, be a priority. Choosing The Silverbach Group could be the best decision you make.
- Will they spend your money on their unnecessary expenses? You may want to ask how much is spent on legal expenses, on average, before you agree to hire an attorney to represent you. Fees for added expenses can add up, and it all comes out of your potential settlement.
- Will your legal representation be better with a larger firm? Hiring larger firms does not mean larger settlements or a better result. However, smaller firms can potentially give more attention to your case, more attention to you, and more time spent in preparation to fight for you. In the end, the details of your case are what matters, and the attention your attorney gives to those details will determine how successful your case is. Choose a law firm that won’t settle for the first offer, but fights to make sure you and your case get the correct treatment, and the settlement you deserve: The Silverbach Group.
Being involved in an accident that results in you being injured will force changes in the way you live. Sometimes the changes you are forced to make to your day-to-day life are only short term. Other times your quality of life is affected indefinitely. Because an accident is a life changing event, it causes hardship in many ways (medical bills, loss of wages, inability to pay bills, long term health issues or never ending therapy sessions) paralyzing your ability to manage your days productively and causing stress and fatigue in your personal and business life. This is why seeking the employment of a qualified Personal Injury Lawyer in Kennesaw, GA is a prudent and intelligent decision. At The Silverbach Group we consult and advise clients daily who have had to deal with unexpected changes to their life.
Personal Injury. Torts. 1. In a negligence action, any harm caused to a person, such as broken bone, a cut, or a bruise: bodily injury. 2. Any invasion of a personal right, including mental suffering and false imprisonment. Black’s Law Dictionary Second Pocket Edition
How Can Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer Help My Case?
Personal injury cases are not speedy processes. They take time and money to get through. Having a professional legal Personal Injury lawyer to represent your case can help bring the closure you and your family need for recovery. In addition to a timely process, our professional lawyers are highly trained in helping you and your family to receive the settlement that you deserve. By hiring a professional lawyer to represent your case, you can rest assured knowing that you have access to the following:
- A professional who has the knowledge needed for personal injury cases
- Fair representation in court hearings
- The ability to negotiate a fair compensation payment for your case
Give our team a call today to learn more about how we can help you get the settlement you deserve faster.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer from the start is a good decision as these cases do take time and will need investigation. If you have experienced the following, you want to call immediately and start your hiring process:
- If either party sustained serious injuries in the accident
- If you or the other driver were uninsured during accident
- If there is a dispute about the fault of the accident
- If you feel that you have not been fully compensated for your claim resulting from medical expenses
- If there are long-term medical repercussions due to the accident
- For professional, legal advice or a second opinion
Our clients appreciate the fact that Ted Silverbach, the Group’s lead Personal Injury Attorney is always available to them and his ability to bring a calmness to their most troubling worries, a gift most attorney do not possess.
“You can rest assured by knowing that The Silverbach Group will be by your side every step of the way”
Fill out the contact form to receive a no cost, no commitment in office consultation.
Don’t trust the insurance companies to look out for your interest.